At some point during the planning stages, many couples consider a destination wedding. While it works for many, there are many hurdles to planning an event outside your own country. What if you could plan your wedding just a few hours from Saskatoon? A destination wedding does not always mean far away. Candle Lake Golf Resort offers a picturesque location just a few hours drive from major urban centers such as Saskatoon, Edmonton, Lloydminster or Prince Albert.
We have created a list of why you should plan for a close to home destination wedding. Below are just some of the perks of choosing us to be your wedding venue.
Passports are not required.
Travel time is minimal. No long lineups in airports. Need we say more?
We are family friendly.
Guest of all ages are welcome at Candle Lake Golf Resort. We are a great location for a family vacation. Activities for families include:
- Golfing. Enthusiasts young and old will love our 18-hole course. Even better, kids 12 and under, golf for free in the afternoons.
- Great beach and swimming locations. Waskateena is a very popular spot for families of all sizes. A playground, shallow waters for the kids and lots of spots to set up for the day while kids (young and old) enjoy the water and sun are all free for you to access minutes from our resort. Minowukaw is also a great location for families young and old.
- Ample fishing locations. Fisher Creek, Musker Pond, Bay Lake and Candle Lake are all located in minutes drive or have direct access from the resort.
- Trails and sightseeing opportunities. There is so much to do and see. Hiking trails, mountain biking, ATV-ing, snowmobiling, cross country skiing…the list of options is endless! Candle Lake is a beautiful place to explore.
- Rent a boat or recreational vehicle right at the resort. We also have personal hot-tubs!
- Rest and relax at Waters Edge Restaurant & Lounge. Our family friendly restaurant has all your favorites and great views for you to enjoy.
Your vendors are local.
Not only are your vendors local, our event team has worked with many different vendors from around Saskatchewan and can provide you contacts for everything from décor rentals to DJ’s to Marriage Commissioners. We have partnered with a handful of vendors that are providing our couples with exclusive deals and offers for the 2020/2021 wedding season.
Once in a lifetime reunion opportunity
It’s often said that the best memories are made around the campfire. Food, Family, Friends sounds like the best celebration! Our resort has modern accommodations for everyone from cabins and townhomes to full service RV spots. Enjoy the celebration all weekend long with everyone close at hand.
Extend your Celebration
Extend your trip a few days and embrace the lake life. Golf? Beach? Day trip to Purple Sands or the Emerald Lakes? A good book and a comfortable chair? The lake lifestyle is relaxed and easy going. Take the time to relax after your big day, your new spouse and enjoy the beauty of Saskatchewan’s north.
Beautiful photo/video locations
The forest and the lake provide you with beautiful landscapes for your photos and videos. Your guests will love the Instagram-able shots everywhere they look. Guests are constantly amazed with the natural splendor of Candle Lake.
Just a quick review on the Government of Canada’s’ webpage about marriage oversees gives one an idea of what to expect when getting married outside of the country. Getting married abroad is not as simple as providing id and a nominal fee. Are you a Canadian resident getting married in Saskatchewan? Simply obtain your license and you are good to go. Check out the Government of Saskatchewan website for more information.
We love weddings and would love to host yours. If you are interested in receiving more information about booking your wedding with us, please check out our wedding package or give us a call at 306.929.2211.